View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #189
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Back for round two:

I implemented Slimm's tendency edits and made everyone's drive the lane tendency 0 because I really wanted to see the results SLIMM got first hand.

A mirror match between the heat vs the heat but with a little bit of a twist

The home team coach profile is more aggressive.

Offensive Tempo H/50 - A/0

Fastbreak H/50 - A/0

Attack the basket H/50 - A/0

Game stats H - A

FBP 18 - 8

Points in the paint 58 - 54

Freethrows 20 of 24 - 9 of 9

Patty cake patty cake. When I did my first test with drive the lane at 100 there was no sharing, I would venture forth the nation that this is a ball hog slider amongst other things.

Because with drive the lane at zero everyone was content to run the play to completion. And in freelance mode it was all about passing it around until someone posted up . . . With a few distinction

The more aggressive home team (attack the basket 50) would take opportunistic drives. If the ball was kicked out from the post or a double team than the home team would attack (24 freethrows).

Here is what's interesting when the away team was in those situations the Lebron or Dwayne would drive right up to the freethrow line and pass it to Udonis or Shane cutting to the basket.

this is why points in the paint are identical but there is a huge difference in free throw numbers. they used two different means to score inside but got the same result.

I have a theory on why Shane went off. With drive the lane at 0 the stars are more willing to share the ball (drive less). They still act like they want to drive, jab steps, drawing doubles, etc. so the defense sinks off of the least threatening person. For me it was Haslem for SLIMM it was Shane.

Home team Haslem went 7/7 off of easy layups

And away team Haslem went 6/9 off of similar looks. He shot more baseline jumpers.

Offensive tempo played a huge roll with drive the lane at zero.
SLIMM's shot tendencies are the lowest of any Roster and it showed. all most every possession that was not a fast break went down to the last 5 second where the ball handler then became super aggressive.

After this test I'm confident in two things.

The fastbreak slider is like that scene in a sci-fi movie where the hatch door is closing while the hero is running towards it because there's fire or monsters behind him. The window is gonna close in a few seconds whether you've scored or not. Raising the slider is the equivalent of Vin Diesel trying to keep the doors pushed apart in order to buy you a few seconds.

The second thing I'm sure of is points in the paint can definetly be controlled but at a cost.

Lowering close and inside in the coach profile will definetly work but (I think) it has a detrimental effect on play calling.

Raising shoot from triple threat and pull up will also help but you don't really want bigs and scrubs doing that as their first option.

Maybe a gradual implementation of both of these strategies will lead to desirable numbers for points in the paint.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.