View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #191
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Haha we must've posted at the same time.

Edit: nevermind it just took me a half hour to write that

Welcome back to the debate.

Attack the basket . . . Are you talking about the slider next to "pass out"

My interpretation of that particular tendency slider was like an either or thing.

You say there is a definite correlation between aggressive driving and that slider.

I'm glad we're in different camps about the drive the lane slider but I just played and watched a few games with it a 0 and noticed a lllllllooooooottttt more passing.
I agree about more passing with DTL at 0. I think it's because the AI limits what a player is able to do in a given space of time. Usually, in FL, a player has the following options - spot up, set a pick, use a pick, ISO, set a screen, use a screen, cut to the basket, post up, take a shot, or pass. In my roster, the only available options are - spot up, set a pick, use a pick, cut to the basket, post up, take a shot, or pass.

When you eliminate cut to the basket by setting Give and Go and DTL to 0, it cuts the options to spot up, set pick, use pick, post up, take a shot, or pass, and most players don't have the option to post up. I think we can both agree this not only leads to better ball movement but also more court spacing and the lane being clogged less.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove