View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #197
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Let me also add this. I haven't seen the Coaching Profiles Shot location Tendencies effect plays that are called at all. All of my Coaching Profiles are set at:

Inside 0
Close 0
Mid 50
3PT 50

Players with low post in their play types get plays called for them frequently, despite the 0 Close Tendency. Players with Cutter as their play type get plays called for them frequently, despite the 0 Inside Tendency. I believe that changing these Tendencies within the Coaching Profiles will influence players to shoot more or less (depending on how you are manipulating the slider) from those areas, but I don't think it drives the AI to call more plays for those areas.

One problem I have with the theory is there are some plays that are under a certain Play Type that are designed to finish in different areas. For example, some Mid-Range Plays are actually designed to finish as a 3PT shot, some PNR's are pops, some fades, some rolls, all ending in different areas, some Cutter plays end at the rim, some in alley oops, some as a mid-range handoff, some as close range handoff's.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.