Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #198
Hyperballer21
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Holy crap Hype is in on this too!

Coach profile shot tendencies was covered (only a little bit) a few pages back.

Basically someone raised Russell Westbrook close shot to 100 and set Durants to 10. In the coach profile he raised take close shot (I believe) to 100 and the result was 7/8 of the plays being called for Westbrook despite the fact Durant had a similar touch rating.

I can personally attest to seeing this when I was tinkering with the Utah Jazz. I wanted to see more 3s from Hornececk so I raised the 3pt slider while lowering the close and inside slider (coach profile). This resulted in more 3pt plays being called for Hornececk despite his low touch rating. Now Karl Malone was still very much involved in the offense. It's just that instead of low post plays there were a lot more pick and roll plays.
Yea I had to jump in on the discussion.

Based off what I have been testing out, I have came to this conclusion. This may have been mentioned before, but I only skimmed through the thread:

The games is hard coded to drive inside. You can have inside, close, and attack basket at zero in coach profiles and game sliders and players will still attack.

So I believe the only things that we should be working with are Mid-range and 3pt tendencies in coach profile and game sliders. I determine that Game sliders are "human instinct" and Coach Profiles are "team strategy".

My biggest issue I have with this game (especially in late game situations) is they don't go for the 3. I want to see a player have some since of urgency and pull up from beyond the arc. I also want to see someone like J.R. Smith come down in transition and pull from deep. It is nice to see Melo in an Iso situation beyond the arc facing up his man in triple threat and when his man plays off him, he pulls up. I currently have both mid-range and 3pt sliders at 100.

The trick here is to balance it out with the coach profiles so you won't have a team taking a 3 each time down the court. I would not put this above 50 for any team. Probably 50 for Knicks and Rockets.