Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #199
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Yea I had to jump in on the discussion.

Based off what I have been testing out, I have came to this conclusion. This may have been mentioned before, but I only skimmed through the thread:

The games is hard coded to drive inside. You can have inside, close, and attack basket at zero in coach profiles and game sliders and players will still attack.

So I believe the only things that we should be working with are Mid-range and 3pt tendencies in coach profile and game sliders. I determine that Game sliders are "human instinct" and Coach Profiles are "team strategy".

My biggest issue I have with this game (especially in late game situations) is they don't go for the 3. I want to see a player have some since of urgency and pull up from beyond the arc. I also want to see someone like J.R. Smith come down in transition and pull from deep. It is nice to see Melo in an Iso situation beyond the arc facing up his man in triple threat and when his man plays off him, he pulls up. I currently have both mid-range and 3pt sliders at 100.

The trick here is to balance it out with the coach profiles so you won't have a team taking a 3 each time down the court. I would not put this above 50 for any team. Probably 50 for Knicks and Rockets.
I agree on all points, except possibly one: are you saying you have Melo's mid-range and 3pt Tendencies at 100 or the in-game slider? I have all Coaching Profiles set to 0 for Attack, Inside Shot and Close Shot. The absolute highest Attack the Basket Tendency I will give a player is 50. I also have my in-game Mid-Range Tendency at 90. Have you tweaked any Hot Spots to influence where players spot up on the court? I have no problems AT ALL with players taking 3PT shots.

I'm watching a CPU game now between the Spurs @ Pacers with all in-game shot location sliders at 50 for testing purposes. Here are some first half stats:

Spurs 53 PTS Pacers 51
Spurs 15 3PTA Pacers 11
Spurs 6 FTA Pacers 10
Spurs 24 PIP Pacers 18
Spurs 15 Assists Pacers 13

Gametrack Data:
Spurs 9 Shots at Rim Pacers 11
Spurs 8 Close Shots (Restricted Area to FT Line) Pacers 7
Spurs 12 Mid-Range Shots (FT Line to 3PT Line) Pacers 15
Spurs 15 3PTA Pacers 11
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.