View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
TreyIM2
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Interesting, not surprising at all, but it does confirm what many have postulated for years. I just wonder if those same suits were somehow exposed to the gripes and complaints of message boards like OS, would anything change.
If I owned stock in a gaming company, I would want them focused on customer satisfaction because the bottom line will almost always follow "suit".
Madden, for instance, is becoming a dead game with my peer group. I am 36 and most of the guys who used to play frequently do not even buy the game anymore. Maybe just maybe, we as gamers need to form an investment group and turn this on its head...
That's what I started to write up here yesterday. It seems to be very easy for suits to lose a connection with the consumer, if they ever really had it to begin with. There's a lot to what goes on between the top of a company, the bottom of a company and the consumer. Sometimes things get "lost in translation" (oooh, Scar Jo, I love u! Heh).
I think EA, as an example (Ian, Ian?), is finally starting to get it. 2K has taken what EA started and run with it. They may have had to bag a few franchises (bottomlines can do that to u) but the blue print of being true to the sport your recreating comes first and foremost then throw in a ton of the little things satisfies the sports gaming consumer.