View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #214
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Here are results from two tests I ran with Miami.

Chalmers 20 Ins, 11 Clo, 9 Mid, 39 3PT, 57 touch, PNR play type
Wade 65 Ins, 46 Clo, 54 Mid, 10 3PT, 90 touch, Mid Range play type
Battier 7 Ins, 2 Clo, 1 Mid, 67 3PT, 30 touch, 3PT play type
James 74 Ins, 31 Clo, 45 Mid, 33 3PT, 96 touch, Low Post play type
Bosh 48 Ins, 27 Clo, 55 Mid, 9 3PT, 69 touch, High Post play type

For the first test, with all Coaching Slider Shot Location Sliders at 0, the AI called:

8 plays for Lebron
6 plays for Wade
4 plays for Bosh
0 plays for Chalmers/Battier

For the second test, with the 3PT Coaching SLider Tendency at 100, the Heat called:

4 plays for Lebron
5 plays for Wade
2 plays for Bosh
0 plays for Chalmers/Battier

I stopped the 2nd test early because I feel safe in assuming the CPU wasn't going to start calling a bunch of plays for Battier. He has the highest 3PT tendency on the team and his % breakdown is 99 for 3PT shots. If the AI playcalling was influenced by changing the Coaching Profile Shot Location Tendencies, I think there would have been at least one play called for Battier. That being said, there wasn't. Again, I am confident in saying that changing the Coaching Profile Shot Location Tendencies don't affect AI playcalling.

I also ran three tests with the same teams, one game with DTL at 100, one at 0, and the third game had DTL at 0 and ATB at 100.

With DTL and ATB at 0:
Out of 14 possessions, there was 1 backdoor cut, 3 drives before the shot clock got down to the 6-8 second range (all of which involved defenders being out of position, which makes me think this is also tied in to Offensive Awareness), 6 drives within the last 6-8 seconds of the shot clock, and the rest of the possessions were TO's or FB's.

With DTL at 100 and ATB at 0:
Out of 23 possessions, there were no backdoor cuts, 4 drives before the shot clock got down to the 6-8 second range (again, due to out of position defenders), 13 drives within the last 6-8 second range, and the rest were TO's or FB's.

With DTL at 0 and ATB at 100:
I only ran 4 possessions. One was a TO, one a FB, then there were 2 drives late in the shot clock. This one is not worth anything.

Out of the first two games, one with DTL at 0 and one at 100, there was no discernible difference in player behavior. What does this mean? There are other variables at play as there were no PNR's, Post Up's, etc. The only thing the AI should have been telling the players to do were stand still, go to a different spot, dribble, drive, pass, or shoot. They drove in the first 16-18 seconds of the shot clock roughly 10% of the time, which makes me want to test PNR to see if both ATB and DTL effect that aspect of the AI more.

Also, I am literally typing a "shorthand" game log to track all the action I can involving off-ball cuts and ball handler drives. This is tedious.

It's also frustrating.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.