Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #223
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Of course you are rightbut,as you has just written,with Tempo low,this game becomes really ugly.
With low tempo the cpu players seem to think"yeah I can take this shoot or pass but...naaaa there's time...oh wait...2 seconds remaining now!!!!" and boom.An horrible,forced shot.Every action.

With high tempo the flow of a st play is better and if a player has an opportunity,he will take it.
But in this case,individual tendencies have to be absolutely exact!
And I use to think that tempo had to reside on the high end of the spectrum (60+) to see good ball movement and shot selection but after making these hot spot and freelance edits I think I can drop the heat to somewhere in the 40s (maybe the 30s) and still get solid gameplay.

I like what you said about tendencies being really important for higher tempo. You're likely to see real head scratchers if a player isn't like his real life counter part when the game is played at a faster pace.

Currently I like the changes that I've made to the shooting scale SLIMM provided (I hope the sim stats hold up) but Lebron's tendency to take an inside shot is irresponsibly high lol. I'm hoping that lowering the coach profile inside shot should make that a non issue.

After this next test with just Chalmers I'm gonna see what SLIMM and I can agree on as far as DTL goes. I don't imagine I'll change his mind but after all this testing I'm a little more confident in the way I'm gonna approach editing that tendency. A lot of the overall aggressiveness can be manipulated through the coach profile. So if the Chalmers test gives me the results I expect I think I'm gonna cap DTL at 50.

As for Fastbreaks,

SLIMM, I'm curious to know how much of an effect, if any, Tempo will have on fastbreak. Have you been consistently landing between 14 -18 fastbreak points during the fluctuation of these attack tendencies.

If so, fastbreak might be a really obvious, stand alone tendency. Probably the only one in the game. I think that just a little bump (55 - 60) might be way too many Fastbreak points since the "window" of what is considered a fastbreak and the inevitable shot attempt is really small.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-11-2013 at 10:37 AM.