View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #54
tariq071
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I still don't understand why it's apparently okay to single out EA for things like microtransactions, day one DLC, middling customer support, sequel reliance / franchise milking, and aggressive project deadlines leading to day one patches when by-and-large every major video game publishing house (with Valve being effectively the sole exception) is also guilty of the same practices.

What's the difference?
I agree with you, whole video gaming industry is pretty much same, shoddy bad business practices geared only towards keeping their shareholders happy, while using every possible legal loophole in global legal system(artistic value, pffft..).

Valve and (somewhat) Paradox are only exceptions that i can think off.

Problem is that long (actually very long time) ago, EA use to be 'people's " company, liked by everyone and then they turned the around completely and openly started talking ways of how to legally rip those same people off.

Their forums , TOS , Origins and everything else is draconian and overly intrusive with complete disregard to customer's rights.Heck.if you try to mod single player game even a bit , you risk getting permaban on Origin(not talking about Simcity).IMHO they deserve same fate that THQ got, but it's unlikely in near future.

But are they worse than Bank of America mortgage ripoffs ? not likely..although they could be second best easily

Last edited by tariq071; 04-11-2013 at 01:37 PM.