View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #65
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
1. The NFL is keeping you from what you really want because they chose to award EA with an exclusive license.
Both EA and the NFL are keeping me from what I really want because EA was asking for an exclusive license before it became exclusive. People have posted actual emails form high ranking EA officials stating just this. They are both at fault. I blame both for no competition. And EA /Tib is entirely responsible for the game that they produce.

Quote:
2. And what you want apparently doesn't exist and you acknowledge it isn't alone in that category. There are games I want that simply aren't available. You live without and hope someday they'll come out, but if not oh well.
Still doesn't excuse EA/Tib for misleading marketing and producing a very sub par product.

Quote:
Of course Moore is going to address the poll publicly since it is, for some reason, making headlines.
Isn't that the whole point. The poll has meaning because it's getting publicity. Enough for someone in Peter Moore's position to feel they have to address it. And he did a really poor job of addressing it. The poll had enough impact to get EA's attention.

With enough bad publicity, even with a psuede-monopoly, sales numbers potentially can decrease enough to make a difference.

Quote:
Consumer rights? If EA was forcing people into their games then maybe, but when the consumer has the ability to chose whether or not they want to use EA's services and products I don't see how they're infringing on anything.
They are the only ones producing an NFL video game. They did request to have an exclusive license. They have fallen very short on producing a good, realistic NFL video game. So I say they are keeping me from having a good, realistic NFL video game. People have the right to be unhappy with that. People have the right to be unhappy with the misleading marketing. People have the right to be unhappy with the "remove this feature, add it back in a couple of years as new". EA/Tib is responsible for the state that Madden is in. EA is responsible for the Business model they choose to deploy. If they produced a better (and much more realistic) product (madden) I wouldn't have a problem with EA/Tib. But they have pretty much screwgied this entire console gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove