View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #78
swiftychampleone
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
EA doesn't get a free pass for being in the right industry. That belief is part of the problem. "You paid your $60 and you have a game that didn't set your computer on fire, pizza face - STFU and go watch Buffy reruns if you're not happy. Or get some fresh air!" It's sad that some of us are encouraging EA to roll its eyes at people who want value for their money. An entertainment company doesn't get to be bad just because it's not a health care provider, bank, or airline.

For the rest of the "dollars > everything" crowd, sales numbers don't mean a company is making customers happy. They mean instead that a company is making good economic decisions. Sometimes people eat at the closest restaurant, even if it's bad. Sometimes people watch the latest CSI spinoff or go out to see another Transformers sequel, just to have something to do. Uninspired entertainment can obviously sell, but should it? Why shout people down when they ask for something better?
But in a way it does. It's like bashing your girlfriend/wife constantly and moaning about how unhappy you are with her but you're STILL with her. If people don't buy the games, it'll speak volumes. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying something that I'm not happy with.