Old 04-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #100
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
When all I'm looking for is an NFL Video Football game, then that is exactly how competition works.
Again, what do your purchasing preferences have to do with EA's ability to develop and publish a game, seek content licensing agreements for said game, or the reality that whatever game EA makes must compete in the marketplace against games from other publishers? Considering competition from a perspective other than that of one of the competing entities strikes me as wildly inappropriate.

Further, what part of any of the above is anti-consumer to the point of violating the law, and why is it anti-consumer for EA to partake in such practices and yet perfectly fine when any other video game publishing house or any property not named the National Football League is involved?

I could go to the 007 example again, but Fresh Tendrils' Batman example is another good one. It's the exact same situation, but it doesn't involve the NFL so I suppose the exact same practice is suddenly okay, nevermind the unfair travesty that no video game studio not named Rocksteady may make a Batman game.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-12-2013 at 10:40 AM.