View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #250
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Man, just been reading through this thread Bigtreydawg and Slimm have been posting some good stuff. I especially wanted to give thanks to Bigtreydawg pointing out the suggestion of lowering the role players/non stars freelance tendency touch's to zero or very low, and just having the star players or main scorers set to high. This alone has made my game run some very good fluid playcalling and with alot of options within the plays when going against the CPU. The CPU has really kept my defense off balance with this.

I was looking at Slimm spreadsheet for tendencies for players, it looks very interesting. I like how he used the hoopdata.com shot locations for players and calculated that into the players shooting location tendencies. One big then I noticed then that it made the players shooting tendencies alot lower than what 2K has set at, especially the inside close and midrange. I wanted to know what has been the experience with playing with those type of tendency edits, do the player play more true to life, are they putting up enough shots and still being aggressive enough in those shooting locatins, etc? Also wanted to know does Slimm or anyone else have a forumla they use based of hoopdata.com shooting locations to implement into the coach profiles shooting locations?

Also last question, thought the testing that's been happening have you guys confirmed that the coach profiles shooting location settings have or doesn't have a direct effect on the playcalling from teams during the game?
I have used the hoopdata.com stats for Individual Shot Location Tendencies for the last 2-3 years and have gotten great results (especially sim-engine) during that time. For in-game stats, this year, I have all Coaching Profile Shot Location Sliders set for each team as such:

Inside 0
Close 0
Mid 50
3PT 50

With play types/FL tendencies/Hot Spots/tendencies set correctly, it makes the game play great.

Correct, Coaching Profile Shot Location Tendencies have no effect on play calling.

Also, for Touches, I've found that taking the Usage % times 3 works very well.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 04-12-2013 at 11:46 AM.