Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #251
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Man, just been reading through this thread Bigtreydawg and Slimm have been posting some good stuff. I especially wanted to give thanks to Bigtreydawg pointing out the suggestion of lowering the role players/non stars freelance tendency touch's to zero or very low, and just having the star players or main scorers set to high. This alone has made my game run some very good fluid playcalling and with alot of options within the plays when going against the CPU. The CPU has really kept my defense off balance with this.

I was looking at Slimm spreadsheet for tendencies for players, it looks very interesting. I like how he used the hoopdata.com shot locations for players and calculated that into the players shooting location tendencies. One big then I noticed then that it made the players shooting tendencies alot lower than what 2K has set at, especially the inside close and midrange. I wanted to know what has been the experience with playing with those type of tendency edits, do the player play more true to life, are they putting up enough shots and still being aggressive enough in those shooting locatins, etc? Also wanted to know does Slimm or anyone else have a forumla they use based of hoopdata.com shooting locations to implement into the coach profiles shooting locations?

Also last question, thought the testing that's been happening have you guys confirmed that the coach profiles shooting location settings have or doesn't have a direct effect on the playcalling from teams during the game?
Coach profile locations have no effect on play calling.

I've played about 20 games with his shot location edits and players are definetly reluctant to shoot when you just punch in the raw data.

SLIMM has raised his sliders for mid and 3pt to alleviate this.

I on the other hand, hate the idea of sliders so I've raised his scale by 20 and sometimes 30 for certain players.

Because its a ratio of where players will shoot from on the court, the shot tendency will govern the sim stats and as long as everything is to scale I can bump it as high as I want.

I PMd SLIMM about whether or not that would work and his response was literally "let me know what happens."

Lol. Well it works. And the sim stats came out good.
Advertisements - Register to remove