View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #119
rootofalleli
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA is the 'Worst Company In America'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
My point is that in the video game realm, Madden is pretty insignificant. Sports games are pretty insignificant in general.

Madden isn't a good reason they are in the list. The knock on Madden is that its not innovative in the least.

EA is on the list because of the bad they do to the industry, not because of Madden. If releasing a yearly sports game that plays crappy and is riddled with bugs, MLB2Ks team would be right there next to them.

EA has earned a bad reputation because of stupid DRM moves, horrible Origin service and purchasing developers and IPs while killing that game series and developer studio in the process.

Your posts are literally the only posts I've seen Activision or Snickers mentioned. EA has a bad reputation they earned through big name acquisitions of studios and franchises they've killed, not on the quality of a niche title.
I don't know if Madden is that much of a 'niche title' - it's very aggressively advertised on TV and via social media. But maybe that's how the Madden demographic is reached, and really this is not a major point.

My first post in this thread pointed out that Madden is one of EA's better games, but it still isn't very good, largely due to the lack of innovation that you point out. This is part of EA's problem though - even its best titles aren't generating enough good will to counter the bad. When people get burned by Sim City or feel nickel-and-dimed by DLC in Dead Space 3 or whatever, they don't have that really good game that makes them say, "Nah, EA isn't the worst."