View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #11
bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
Series are set up to compete vs. the computer manager in a World Series or LCS not a string of series in a season replay. Once solitaire season replays the the pitching rotations will be set up for a season.

If you only have time for let's say one game a week you still could play that game live or vs. the opponent's computer manager. Then you could have the other games managed by your computer manager profile. If you have tried a DYNASTY League Baseball Online league and didn't like it that is one thing, but the experience is unlike any other Online league sim because of the real time aspect - it makes it very easy to be in an Online league.

I get your disappointment in wanting solitaire season replays, but the primary vision of the Online game was to do something revolutionary in terms of making real time multi-player draft leagues a reality.

Every other Baseball sim is obsolete in terms of Online multi-player leagues because they were designed as solitaire games and require you to export and import files from every league member just to see updated stats, standings and leaders. DYNASTY League Baseball Online's server based environment totally eliminated the hassle of importing and exporting stats to a central commissioner - everything is done for you. As a Commissioner of my league is makes it just so so easy and for our league members as well.

We know there are DYNASTY fans out there who only want to play solitaire season replays and like you said you can still do that with the board version. Solitaire season replays for DYNASTY League Baseball Online will come, but there won't be anything groundbreaking about it other than being able to enjoy the depth and realism of DYNASTY League Baseball.
I get that Mike. Truly I do. Which is exactly why I said it just doesn't meet my needs right now.

I guess my frustration is two fold. 1. You went this online direction (which I understand) but you left players like me out, of what it truly an outstanding replication of the original game. And 2. in doing so, you basically stopped supporting the PC version of the game. So in essence outside of the board game, there's no way for me to play.

The game itself and being able to play in a browser no matter where it is, with access to all the seasons is ground breaking enough for someone like me. Online leagues don't interest me at all.

I know you said last year solitaire replays were coming, but there doesn't seem to have been much movement on that front and it's never mentioned when you post updates about the game, so I just wanted to voice my opinion in hopes you'd realize there are a lot of us out here who are in my shoes.

Luckily there are now several outstanding games to play that meet my needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove