View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #341
qpc123
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
But you don't want the mismatch mechanic to kick in when there is an actual center guarding Shaq. The game adapts well enough to threats, they front him they'll try to knock away the entry pass they'll double when he gets hot.

You definitely don't want the game to think of Shaq as a "mismatch" by definition. Then the CPU offense will override every play that could have been called and do a "quick post" for Shaq. It would treat Shaq as if Derek Fisher were guarding him and you don't want that.
I should have been more clear. My intentions would be to scale Low Post Defense ratings in a similar manner to the on ball defense being discussed. For example the top end for Bigs low post defense would be 85(maybe 1 or exceptions). Hakeem Olajuwon is really the only center I can think of that was able to shut down his peers(Ewing, Robinson, Young Shaq) on a somewhat regular basis.

You are right I don't the CPU to see Shaq as mismatch against every center.

Also...

If I were to implement the 85 max on ball defense scale into my 90-91 roster, but want to account for hand checking, should bump the scale up +5 or +10 or would a slider adjustment work better.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-13-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove