Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #347
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
On Ball D, to account for hand checking.

No max for offense, I am just speculating that since I do not often see post players dominate as much as I think they should, perhaps shifting the scale for Low Post D lower and slightly raising Low Post Off. would lead to more dominate post play from players like Ewing, Shaq, etc.

I have not tested this at all, just liked the idea and will look into its merits at some point in the future.
Ah I see.

I personally don't think you should do that. With handles higher than on ball d you will still get incredibly physical play. The reason why handles should be higher is to allow less skilled guards to get into the lane (so that they can be blocked or stripped).

Most importantly this cuts down on the ugly points in the paint where a player will attempt to drive in but is stopped; he still draws some help defense and because the ballhandler was not able to get inside one of his unguarded teammates cuts to the basket and gets an easy (cheap) lay up. I feel very cheated everytime that happens which is way too much.