View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #424
qpc123
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I was looking for any animation that came while a player had a live dribble and wasn't in the last 6 seconds of the play clock. The AI changes DRASTICALLY when that happens and I'm convinced there's nothing we can do about it. I saw pull ups that were escape dribbles, some were after the player beat his man/his man was out of position, and some were pull ups right in the chest of the defender. I didn't see a single "flashy shot" animation that players have tendencies for. With Pull Up at 0, players only take spot up jumpers unless it's in the last 6 seconds of the play clock, at least with the mid-range tendencies I used in this sample.
I totally agree about the late shot clock situation, even with a tendency to do nothing players will pull out all stops to get a shot(if not to the rim). We should probably add that to the list of things we are certain of.

I am not seeing any "flashy shot" animations either, except in the post(I left those alone since they are fairly straight forward from my experience) where I see fade-aways, etc. But I have all those tendencies set to zero until we get a handle on how they interact with the various other sliders.