View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #432
DukeC
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Going to fool around with the regular 2K roster with some specific tweaks and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Edit: Okay. The teams were Jazz and Kings and the game was played on 5 minutes Pro Default 55 Game Speed, with default coaching profiles. I implemented the dribble rating (all guards with 90+ ballhandling. SF with 80+) and on ball defense (at least 75 on ball d for the perimeter players) edit changes as well as the post offense (80 for Cousins, Jefferson and Millsap) and post defense rating changes (All post players with 50 post defense).

I also Lowered the defensive awareness for all perimeter players to 25 (unless they were good, then they got a 50) and all PF's and C's to 50 (unless they were good defensively, in which case they got a 75). This was to highlight why bad defensive teams give up open 3 pointers/bad at closing out. I got the exact result I wanted as both teams managed to shoot above 40% from 3 (The Kings went 5/11 45% and the Jazz went 5/9 55%). There were classic cases of bad defenders helping out one pass away and giving up an open shot. Only about 2-3 threes in total were "You gave me too much space so I'm shooting it (2 of which belonged to Foye and the other belong to Isiah Thomas)".

The tendencies I messed with included putting DTL all the way to 0 for everyone. I left the Setup PRE- Dribble alone. I put Straight Dribble all the way to 100 for everyone and lowered Sizeup and Hesitation to 0 for everyone. For Dribble Penetration I put everything on 0 except for Simple Drive which is on 100. I left the Finishing Moves tendency alone and I put the Shot Types all the way to 0 for everyone.

90% of the shots taken were jumpers (except for one drive by Thomas, but that was after a defensive rebound, so it doesn't count). I saw 10-12 pullups for the midrange. 4-5 of which the Shot Clock was under 6 seconds. 4-5 of which were on fastbreaks after the rebound. Only about 3-4 of which were legitimate pullups in the halfcourt.

As for the post ups, they ran 3-4 plays for Jefferson in the post, the Kings would double team and he would pass it back out for the wide open shot. The Kings ran 3-4 plays for Cousins in the post where he would take 2 post fadeaways and a post hook.

2nd Test. Still seeing a lot of jumpers, but then, the Kings give up a lot of jumpers in real life so...can't really say it's unrealistic....Anyhow, this time around I've implemented a couple of changes into the coaching profiles for both the Jazz and the Kings (from Hyper's previous suggestions) to see if they would look to pass the ball into the low post more.

The changes are:
Run plays: 10
Double Team: 0
Take Inside,Close,Medium,Attack Basket: 1
Take 3 pointers: 25
Look for Post Players: 50

So far the Jazz have given the ball to Jefferson in the post 4 times in the 1st quarter while Cousins has gotten it 2 times.

Edit: And now my 2K has frozen. Many many expletives.

DEdit: Yep 2K is freezing my console up. Sad day today

Last edited by DukeC; 04-15-2013 at 10:36 AM.