View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #5329
ravens99
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
So my 4 preseason games and my first 3 games all played great. Yeah some little hic-ups in there like Foster going beast mode but it wasn't so much completely bad tackling it was some bad angles.

But then after getting to 2-1 I met the Arizona Cards and that game alone is making me want to stop playing this game or completely destroy the break tackle sliders. This game was so bad and all the BS that went on just helped it along.

They probably broke 100 tackles that game because they averaged at least one a play, even when I thought I was going to sack Kolb he broke the tackle of the DT and ran 10 yards and got a first. I remember on a third and long he threw a dump off pass and the guy broke four tackles, which would have been more if the fourth broken one didn't send him out of bounds.

This game wasn't going to let me win and it showed when I would get a good drive going their their corner PP would make a nice pick, because my QB would be so off he would throw it straight to the CB who was beat. My QB must love sharing. Or the three fumbles I had which of coarse my guys can't force when their players are running around and spinning and breaking tackles like their whole team was AP.

These break tackles were so bad there was one play where it was 4th and a couple and they ran a fake punt which I was ready for and I met the guy in the back field. So what happens he gets the I'm going to drag you 5 yards animation which means no one can stop me from getting this first down.

So even with all this BS I managed to hit a couple of big plays and some how tie the game up as the clocks expire. They get the ball first of coarse and then the BS goes to new heights.

Managed to finally stop them at around mid field and of coarse I expect a fake punt again, and hey hey I'm right. But this time I came out in my base 4-3 man cover 2. And they do a punt pass, and their punter throws a dart to streaking DE who makes a diving catch 30 yards down field..... And punter throwing a perfect pass to a DE who burned LB... So of coarse I keep playing and try to hold them to a FG. and they get inside the 5 with a first down.

So I expect to lose and get them into third and goal from the 2 and I run commit up the middle and hit the RB in the backfield, but since he went into a break tackle animation the other guy couldn't do anything and a linemen circled back and picked him up and all my guys were sealed as he waltz in for the game winning score.

The amount of BS in that game alone is almost reason that I might shelf this game or I might just have to drop break tackles down to a reasonable level because that wasn't realistic. And it wasn't like it was just that game as that was the third time I tried that game.

The first one by the second quarter their RB already had 5 carries which went for more than 50 yards all of which had at least 3 broken tackles. That is 15 broken tackles by a RB in less than a half. So of coarse I wasn't going to put up with that because 5 in one half isn't worth my time.

So the next game I get the ball drive it deep into the redzone and threw a pick, which was my fault for trying to force it, but the fun part was the Corner broke 5 tackles running down the side line. The only reason it was 5 was because each time it slowed him down my guys would act like he was tackled and give up while I had to switch to get another guy into position, but nope 5 broken tackles later and he was in the endzone. Didn't even bother to wait around to see what insane things their offense would do if their corners can break tackles like that.

Sorry for the rant but that last game really put me into a bad mood with the BS. I probably should have just quit and played another day.
I have had some of the same games and no one believed me. I would tone down the break tackles and see if it helps then slow bring them back up as your players progress. I had to adjust the sliders has my players progress because it would get to easy. the sliders dont work for everyone right to the tee the way he made them because each team is setup player wise differently. and as far as throwing ints slow your passing down mix up some routes shorter routes work better. I use the ravens and smith and jones are fast as s*** and would beat the corner but seems like the cpu would get a speed boost and close 10-15 yards and intercept me one handed even lol so i mix up my routes and only throw a couple deep routes a game now