Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #549
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Had to quote this again because.............

This is a HUGE discovery.

Prior to this I was having to jack the Tempo to 90+ to get the ball to move in the half-court. Guys would perform multiple jab steps and pump fakes.

This was because I had way the TT options for most perimeter players set something similar to this:

Pump fake=25
Triple threat=100
triple threat shot=0-75(varies, higher number for "catch and shoot" players)
No Triple threat=100

Now they look more like this:

PF=0-25(mostly subjective)
TT=50(may go lower but over this is jab step central)
TTS=0-100(varies, higher number for "catch and shoot" players, 100 may be overkill, but I have craig hodges set 100 and it seems fine, for now at least).
NTT=50-80(still tweeking this but trending towards higher numbers)

This is just for testing and not a solid scale by any means but it greatly improves the half court offense, and more.

What I noticed was, more dribble moves(all still set to 0 except SD=100).

With TT set too high a player is essentially always starting their dribble from a triple threat position. When coming out of the TT position there are a limited number of things you can do(in this game anyway).

For example, it not really possible to use the "Step Back" dribble since your TT exit off a jab step has you going forwards. of course you could do it after 1-2 dribbles but if you beat the guy with the jab step(which should be why you are driving) why would want to do a step back.

Here is a some straight gameplay from the test I did with 91 Bulls v Blazers. (Bigtrey, you should like the last play).

For coach profiles, I set everything back to 50 except:
Help D=30
Crash Off. Glass=25(I had this at 100, lol)
Zone=0(90-91 roster so no zone d)
Bench=0
Inside=0
Close=0
ATB=1
Look for post=75(another 90's adjustment)

Two things:

You are ruining my data plan with all this awesome video.

And shame on you for finding a VHS tape of a Blazer/Bulls game and trying to pass it off as gameplay.

For that Elbow post play with Pippen, I hate that they just stare at each other from a foot away. There has got to be something you can do to make the defender put a body on him in that situation. Also, raise Pippens post drive and that will make him face up and attack.