View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #693
Sellaz32
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I know what your saying and I look at it this way. The easiest way to take a close shot is to post up.

Its not changing the play calling, raising it in the coach profile just makes them try to shoot from the close area more often which involves backing down.

What is interesting (and for sure I need to do more testing on this) is the less ball movement you see when all the tendencies in the coach profile are lower.

I'm starting to understand the logic behind why some people insist that gameplay is better with the coach profile at zero. I don't agree with it, but I'm starting to understand what's going on.
That may be logic, but not 2K logic...lol.
Give a guy a 100 in inside shot, 0 mid, 0 close, 0 in Post up FL, 0 in ATB, and put his hot spots outside the 3 point line and he won't try to get in the lane to shoot. The shot location tendencies determine their tendency to shoot ONCE THEY ARE IN THE AREA. The others determine their tendency to actually go to the area. Including their position and playtypes in relation to the plays... I think bringing shot location tendencies in to the equation over complicates the issue.