View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #782
JasonWilliams55
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

DISCLAIMER: Notes I have written down, no particular order of things, very helter skelter, started this morning and with kids + chores + wife + bro in town = hectic, but at-least he is good at 2k so we can ball.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a player catches the ball, he looks to these first: Spot Up - Triple Threat - Post Up - DTL (I believe in this order as well)

So when a player catches a pass it will look to SU first (if #s are not there to support a shot) will go to next process -> TT. If #s are there to support a shot off the SU they will (think RAY ALLEN, KORVER) high shot loc tends + hotspots when the catch is made.

Once a drive is initiated by DTL it looks like this: DTL -> Pull/Penetrate -> Att/PO

Shot ratings may come into play when CPU is deciding what type of shot to take (whether a lay or a jumper) this is the only way I can see how some layups are initiated at the 3 line. (I know y'all have seen those long lay animations now) so why are those being triggered there instead of a jumper?

DTL -> PU/PEN (more pen) -> PU/PEN (more pen) -> PU/PEN (pull) -> ATT/PO -> PO -> PASS TYPE TEND

DTL -> PU/PEN (more pen) -> PU/PEN (more pen)-(pen stopped by DEF) -> PU (could go post here too - post would be a branch window here) -> ATT/PO -> ATT -> SHOT TYPE TEND

During said drive, pull/pen is constantly being 'refreshed' to decide what to do, either pull (shoot) or continue penetration. Shot Loc tends, ATT/PO ratio needs to favor ATT, off/def rating spreads all come into play, maybe even OA/DA spread.

When said drive is complete, it looks at ATT/PO to decide how to finish said drive. If ATT is selected, CPU will look for shot to do (goes to shot type tends [runner, fade, etc], finish move tends [if close enough to basket]), if PO is selected a pass will occur (looks at pass tends [flashy, alley]).

In order to get a player to pull (shoot) right out of a catch, his DTL/SU must be low, also his shot loc tends need to be high for that area, plus a hotspot.

Freelance/Hotspots determine where/what players do when no play is called/broke, etc.

ATT/PO has no bearing on aggressiveness of drives as it only kicks in after the drive/penetration has completed, whether that completion is due to having an openness to pull-up (PU/Pen), defense stopping pen (forcing att/po), or from driving/pen deep into paint or crossing into a hotspot/high shot tend location (initiating the pull/shot).

For testing, all coaching sliders should be at 50, so that there is no alteration of any player tends. All gameplay sliders (tends) should be at 50 as well again for no alterations from player tends. Also I believe testing only ISO plays where a player catches the pass at the 3 line to begin the ISO would be best to determine SU/TT/Post/DTL, Pull/pen, ATT/PO tendencies. This way all other players would be cleared and no FL tends should kick in.

Things to do today, but either late tonight, early tomorrow or monday I will break down the qpc chi vs lal video, there are some things that happen that are clear as day in regards to how the CPU reacts when catching the ball (TT, Post, DTL).