bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
That is the exact way I was seeing it.

I've had to make charts like that for computer classes, they suck.

Just an example of 'who knows how/why' this is happening.

Set a teams starters to have only Spot Up for freelance and give them just 1 or 2(3 at most) Spot Up Hot Spots.

Now to cut down on all the other action and test the freelance, also set the players DTL to zero. You can also set ATT to 0 and PO to 100 but it really doesn't matter.

Take away all the play types so the CPU can only freelance and run a game CPU v CPU with that team.

You'll see that for the most part the players will stand in there in hot spots unless thy get the ball or the ball handler moves around the court and shifts their spots(this is why them need a couple).

Quit that game and run the same test, except give a player 25 for Post Up in freelance.

Players now move around a lot more and will even set off ball screens for the player who has the post up tendency.

Why does giving someone a post up tendency cause other players to set them screens?

They are normally post to post screens to help the player get open and are not 'bad' basketball plays.

But, if I am trying to run a '1 in 4 out' set I do not want an outside player going into the post to set screens when he has no obvious tendency to do so, he only has spot up and his spot up hot spots are all in 3pt range.

I may do some videos on this later, but I am burnt right now.
Wow 25 and Perimeter players set cross post screens, yeesh!

I have not yet begun to test but I venture forth the notion that copious amount of isolations for star players is going to be the solution to shutting down some of the dumb stuff.
The problem I have with limiting a player to 3 hot spots is what, what happens when 1 of the other 12 players has those hot spots? Do they stand next to each other?

Honestly I would rather see that then Ray Allen running along the base line to get to his other corner hotspot.

So much to be done.