View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
tril
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'd think it would be a much easier case to make that some of these increases year to year are due in large part to more consoles on the market, marketing, and the popularity trends of those sports in that particular year. Especially with NCAA since it's a relatively small change. Not to take all of the credit from the games themselves.
cosign!!!

I think sales are directly effected by the popularity of said sport in that year. case in point. NBA2k11, not only did it have Jordan on the cover, but basketball was also at the forefront, with Lebron going to MIami. also the accessibilty of sports via the many different outlets would/ will result in an interest in said sports game.

The realignmnet in college football and the playoff format will definetly boost sales in the long run.
However the entry point for gamers is to go the casual experience with true broadcast presentations. Casual fans mostly want the highlight plays in their games. Sim heads want the strategy and intricacies.

I believe that 2k has got it right by making NBA 2 series very casual freindly out the box, but at the same time offer the ability to customize to a sim experience. This is the first year that the SHow has used this approach with the beginner mode, and will benefit them in the long run.

EA football games just lacks the custoimization factor. Until they offer more customization, their games will never please the true sim heads.