Old 05-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #869
bigtreydawg
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
No its the frequency ratio of whether to attack or pass out, the only two options to finish a drive, if you could point me to other options for a player to do after a drive, I'm all ears . 100 attack 100 pass out is 1:1 ratio, 1 attack 1 pass out is 1:1 ratio.

100 attack 0 pass out = 1 attack 0 pass out, this is 100% computer logic in its most basic form, therefore 100 att 0 pass = 1 attack 0 pass, which means that 1 attack, 1 pass out = 100 attack, 100 pass.

Attack pass is only for the end of the drive/su.

2k uses ratios in all of their tendencies, but yet in this att/po to finish a drive its not. Care to explain how its not a ratio and how it actually works then?
Yes.

When you see a player constantly bouncing off of his defender in a rediculous effort to get to the rim it is because of his attack rating. If you set it to 0 and give him a high drive the lane tendency he will stop right outside the key and pull up jumper. If you set it to 100 he will barge through his defender like he's running away from so much fire.

The same applies to pass out and QpC found out (and even posted a video) that a high pass out rating of 80 and up can even make the ball handler tell a guy to cut (more testing needs to go into figuring that last part out.) I've been having a problem with Haslem where he won't pass and he won't attack because I have him at 0 in pass and attack so now he just holds the ball and wastes everyone's time. I fixed this by giving him a 30 in pass out and a 5 in attack. Now he passes the ball away without having the telekinetic powers to make Chris Bosh cut to the basket. And if the opportunity presents itself he will attack because he has a 5 rating to do so.