Old 05-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #895
JasonWilliams55
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I found that while you can cut down on the occurrences, you can fully eliminate the CPU cuts to the basket. Sometimes they are part of a play and its not that don't want them occur, its more that the CPU was passing to them to frequently when it was uncalled for and would break a play.

After trying several things to eliminate this I found that PO above 50 seemed to cause theses passes more often(may be placebo).

A thought that passed through my mind was, "what if 'look for post players' causes the CPU players to look to pass to the player closest to the basket first? Could this be the reason that post players always seem to 'see' the player flashing back door from the opposite post?"

That is why I went with the zero 'look for post' setting.

As for the other settings, they are adjustments in attempts to replicate the early 90's NBA. I've watched a lot of the '91 playoffs on YouTube lately.

Here is the easiest way I can explain what I am going for. To me one of the biggest and most obvious changes is the amount of 3 point shooting. Basically, a lot of the shots that came from the 3-15 foot range(close) in '91, have shifted to the 3 point range. Less post up shots, which typically take place in that 3-5 foot range is another factor.

So the CPU attacking isn't exactly a bad thing for me. However, from what I see unless the ratings are high players do not use as much of a locations full range. For example, if inside and close are both low, with close being slightly higher, players will be more apt to drive right to the edge of the inside and close regions for that weird little pull-up.

I'd like to increase close shots, but really I want more 3-7 foot shots than 8-15 foot, but in order to induce this I get guys like Cartwright, who should take shots for 3-7 feet taking more 12-15 footers than he should because the high tendency for close shots 'unlocks' shots from a wider range within the region.
Have had that same exact thought, never pursued the pass to post slider though as last year I believe sim sliders had it up like 83 or so. It has always been like that for as long as I can think back with 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove