View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #906
Sellaz32
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Ok so the attack the basket vs pass out dilemma has been bugging me. I have gone back and forth numerous times over the past 3 years. The discussion yesterday was fascinating and had me thinking. I understand that 2k defines attack as "after the drive" and it seems to be a ratio...but why would they give us a ratio when they never do? Well technically DTL vs SU is a ratio...but why give us the option to put both a 100 if it was supposed to be a true ratio? Anyway..I just had a crazy thought...what if the player could attack AND pass out? This would be the scenario where the player is attacking the rim but then passes out while in the air. Which would be different than driving and just passing out on the drive. So you have players who drive and kick 0 ATK 100 PO, players who attack with tunnel vision 100/0 and players who attack the rim but also look to pass out at the last minute. Of course this would need to be tested and could just be crazy thinking with the goal of feeling satisfied with 2k's mysterious lay out of these tendencies...