View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #910
Sellaz32
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Could have sworn that I replied to this last night with a long explanation, but alas I did not, must have been dreaming about this thread then .

I agree with your assessment here and while reading this last night a thought popped in my head, it is a ratio in conjunction with each other but also at the same time an independent slider as well (in terms of the strength of the 'outcome').

For ex:

1/1

50/50

100/100

All same ratios of either an attack or a pass happening at end of "drive", but 100 would produce a more forced outcome than 50 and 50 more forced than 1.

So with a 1, the player would essentially have a smaller window of opportunity, 50 would allow a larger window and 100 even larger.

So lets say 1 gives the player a .1 second window to either att/po, 50 a .5 and 100 a full second. What this would do, would be to allow the player to continue w/e process he is in (animation wise this would allow those passes out of a layup animation). Since a layup animation should be considered a attack process (a started one too), like Sellaz says, why is he allowed to pass out if the attack has already been initiated.

Basically what I am trying to say is that a higher number will allow the player to override w/e process in order to facilitate another process/move (ie. pass out of an attack).

Well that is basically what I thought I had already posted last night.
That makes a lot more sense to me. I am not quite sure the best way to test this but it sounds plausible. In my mind this an important factor in high scoring and attack assist guys such as Magic and Zeke, (I am strictly a retro roster guy) I want them to be willing to attack the basket, but also make the great pass if necessary. 50/50 just didn't feel right.