Thread: Chris Sale
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
wudl83
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Chris Sale

Yap that's what I was thinking. You will realize that a bunch of (especially relief) pitcher's even will get more pitches ingame than they actually throw in reality. Because more pitches means higher rating. So even when an elite pitcher like let's say Kimbrel only throws two pitches in reality (4 seamer and slider) I bet he got at least 3 pitches in the game. I noticed that numerous times. Some pitcher's throw way harder ingame than they do in reality, too. Like you noticed with Chris Sale. While others who are hard throwers in reality throw way too slow ingame compared to reality.
The thing is that not only the pitcher's have such strange ratings. It goes on with fielders/batters. Some elite batters which are bad fielders in reality often get way too high fielding ratings because the higher the fielding rating the higher the ingame OVR. And some guys have way too much power and AVG ingame for the same OVR reason.
Some guys always tend to argue against it and defend 2k. But IMO the ratings of 2k are crap and not based on real life performance but mainly on OVR. There are tons of players on 2k's roster which have way too low contact ratings compared to their real AVG they are hitting. And others get way too high contact rating because they are allstars...

Last edited by wudl83; 05-13-2013 at 12:28 PM.