View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
BD8802
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: To online gamers...time to grow up

Every week I play in the country club tour event. I find it fun. Its starts ultra-easy and then ramps up to pretty hard by the 4th round. I know that even on my best days, I am not shooting -23 in the first two rounds. I did shoot -19 one time and was totally pumped. That same week I should +1 on the fourth round. At the time I finished, that was the best 4th round posted.

I like the idea of that tournament. I like seeing the -23 people shoot a bunch over par on the last round. I like playing amateur to figure out how the ball reacts on the green and to the wind in certain situations.

I think there is a time and place for every type of play. Personally, I would not want to play your settings because I think the normal shot shaping is too easy, and does not simulate a real golf swing as much as the advanced shot shaping. But I play with it a couple times a week, and have fun those two times.

I'd suggest finding a country club that plays your settings ... and just forgetting about everything else.