View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
WWF80sKid
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Did I ever think about pitching? No. Hell no. I was outstanding at right field. Everyone knew me. Girls loved me! I always got asked out, and if I'd say no, they'd try to convince me. It was great!

I felt the team staring at me. It was quiet in the locker room. An odd feeling. Coach was holding a ball in both of his warn hands. He was expecting an answer. They all were, and I know it wasn't the one I wanted to give. But how could I say no? How could I not step up for this team after the tragedy of what happened out there on the pitcher's mound?

"I'd love to be a pitcher for this team coach," I said putting my hand out to receive the ball he was holding.

The old man looked down at my hand. His bushy gray eyebrows hiding his eyes as he tilt it down. He finally looked back up to me and smiled. He placed the ball into my hand and smiled. After a pat on the shoulder and a wink, he passed the job onto me. Instead of practicing pop ups and batting I was going to be throwing fastballs and curves.