Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #755
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
For what it's worth, I've continued to tweak these sliders along with changing Steph Curry to play a bit more like himself and I haven't found a combination that I've liked.

I gave Steph a quick release shot form like he has in real life and now he absolutely destroys the CPU perimeter defense even with contest shots turned up and on-ball D at 60. Any higher tends to destroy the driving game.

I can shoot 3-4 3's often during first quarters which is even more inhuman than he already is. Not sure what else to do to keep the game playable with other three point shooters with slower releases. I could lower his 3 point rating (92 in my roster) but he is really one of the best 3 point shooters there's ever been (highest in 2k is 98). Maybe knock down his consistency but increase 3 point shooting to simulate that he might have merely a good game most games or might go off like he does occasionally? Knock down 3 point shooting overall while lowering shot release defense?

A big part of the problem is that the AI doesn't make adjustments needed to slow him in real life, like Denver and San Antonio did by trapping early or putting long athletic 2's and 3's on him.
I would probably lower his consistency a LITTLE bit if you ALWAYS seem to make his shot. But don't lower it too much. I'm actually working on the defensive pressure and awareness, so I'll get back to you on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove