Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
BradyFan12
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: To those who say "it's just Madden 2005 part 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
For sure. There are too many features or aspects that never made a return, or came back in a butchered state. In-game saves is a killer for me, as a parent of toddlers.

Part of the issue could very well be the perception of reality. As the game gets closer and closer to mimicking real life, our brains are going to expect and demand a better representation. If you give us Tecmo Bowl, our brains automatically say "it's not real" and we accept what we see. Our brain will fill in the blanks and we're fine with it. Then there comes a threshold that we step over, where suddenly our brains are not content and we cannot fill in the blanks. It's similar to the Uncanny Valley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley).
That's actually an interesting study. I think you're right. However, if people really wanted reality...they'd just watch the NFL...not play a game of it. Sure, we want some of the aspects to be reality based. Players, stats, etc. But we also want to be the Gods or Watchmakers of our NFL franchise Universe. I mean, if we wanted reality, we wouldn't want legends in the game. Am I right?
Advertisements - Register to remove