View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
BoomerHB52
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise: Yankee Roster Year 2?

Here is what I did.. I'm 20 games into my second year using the Yankees (year 2014)

The first season I basically simmed everything. I played barely no more than 15 games. I wanted to see who hung up their cleats, who got his OVR lower and such. It is worth to note that since day 1, Jeter, Tex, Grandy, Pineda and ARod they were in Class A. They returned to the MLB Level the day after the ASG. I called up David Adams, Corban Joseph and Austin Romine. The only 2 players that decided to retire were Andy and Mo.

However, the progression those players had = horrible. Jeter went down to 62 OVR; ARod went down to 68 OVR; Ichiro had 59 OVR and Kuroda 60. The only player I resigned there, and it was because he accepted the qualifying offer was ARod. I only offered him the qualifying offer because he was the only one who still had his contact atts in mid 60's reaching 70's. And because he was 35 hits shy of the 3K.

I think Granderson was at 81 and Tex 88. Both returned obviously. Well, I offered Grandy also the qualifying offer and he accepted it but this will be his last season here. I'm moving forward in 2015 with Mason Williams. Even though Cano had a horrible 2013, I still resigned him to a long term deal. Duh.

Sadly, Hughes left to the Nationals. Earlier in the season I was involved in a trade so I got Daniel Hudson and later I traded Nova for Jon Niese. Also signed Barry Zito to a one year, 500K deal.

Anyways, to began the 2014 season I have Romine as my starting catcher; Adams as the starting 3B while ARod is the full time DH, Corban Joseph is the utility and I also called up Ronnier Mustelier to be my 4th OF.
Because there were NO good closers on the FA Market, I decided to called up Mark Montgomery. So far that decision has been excellent. In 20 games so far this season he has 7 saves with 0.00 ERA and 15 K's.

I do however, have Tyler Austin as the next prospect soon to be called up. My plan is to have Heathcott, Williams and Austin in the OF by 2015.