Old 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #28
JerseySuave4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Court Rules EA's Use of College Athletes Not 'Artistic Expression'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
I agree with this statement. However, morally I have to say: the hypocrisy of the NCAA and their multi-layered (role in) explotation of these "STUDENT" athletes far exceeds any "wrong-doing" of any shoe company producing numbered jerseys, t-shirts, EA, or other video game company. Truth is the Universities profit the most from these athletes, and these other companies merely play a minor role (annual merchandising, advertising, marketing, etc.) in the grand scheme. The thing that rubs me the wrong way with these lawsuits is that they fail to strike at the true core of the issue: The NCAA!!!
They're going to get theirs. It's easier to start by going after EA for these games. Seems pretty clear and even a former EA employee admitted that the players in the games were based on real people. And it's not something where they can just say, "oops, we're sorry, we won't do it again" and that will be it. They'll pay. And this case will then be used as the foundation for a lawsuit against some other entity that is making profits off of the college athletes until they build a strong enough case to then go against the big boy in this whole thing, the NCAA.