Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #5373
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I gave Madden a shot again after a couple of months with your black slider set, gotta admit it was a nailbiter with a last second FG win for me which was a lot of fun, but I couldn't help but realize one huge problem, and that is man coverage.

Can you run man coverage plays against the pass with the black sliders? I get the feeling that it works well enough against drags and streaks, obviously, but any kind of route that has a serious cut in it seems to automatically defeat man coverage almost every time. And this is not a matter of coverage skill, I had Revis (MCV 99) of all people cover some rookie WR with low 80s route running, yet every time he made a cut, he had an automatic 5 yards separation which was very frustrating and led to me calling almost nothing but Cover 3 against the pass in the second half (since Cover 2 seems to be burned deep way too easily, while Cover 3 usually gets beat short over the middle where my LBs with high tackling and hit power lurk so I pick that poison).

Now, I haven't played a lot recently as I said, but am I the only one to have that problem? How do you play defense, Jarodd? It just feels a bit frustrating to have Revis and another superstar rookie CB out there (SPD 98, MCV 88 as a rookie, high 80s OVR) yet feel unable to ever call man coverage against the pass.
I basically use man coverage about 75 percent of the time on defense. My guys hold up pretty good but I do see what you are seeing in some games. Those settings were basically the best I could come up with to get the CPU to be a threat with the pass.. If I go below 50 with the USER passing they usually stunk up the place in most of the games.. Getting the CPU to be a threat with there passing was pretty tough this year. You'll still get some bad passing from the CPU with the current settings but they at least became a threat with that set up. Just lower the USER pass reaction down a point or two if you feel like the coverage should be a little better.