View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
sparkdawg777
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
As far as football goes I agree that the gameplay needs to be improved as said above. I also think the game needs to teach more. For example there is no regard for gap responsibility which is the most important defensive assignments in real life. I think they have done a better job with the coverages but many teams don't use a basic cover your zone area anymore, now it is zone with a man-man concept. For example in real life Cover 2 can cover 4 verts if the corners read it right, reading receivers inside out (3, 2, 1). If they all go deep you cover #1 WR. Cover 4 or cover 7 is probably the best coverage in football if taught correctly. Unfortunately it is the worst coverage in the game, except deep but in RL it can cover nearly every combonation of pass patterns. I coach football and have studied many playbooks and defensive schemes.

I love playing football video games for fun but I think it would be great to be used as a teaching tool for younger players. Right now I think offense is doing a pretty good job with the option read and teaching how to execute it. Right now I think the defensive side is being over looked. My main concern is gap responsibility.