Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #53
TDenverFan
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I gotcha. The gimmicky part to me was when it talked about a "clutch skill" and that having it will make your team "hot" at the start of a close game in the 4th qtr. Now we don't really know what "hot" actually means (is it ratings boost?) but I get worried at something like this only because we see when they've implemented things like Aggressive/Conservative gameplans that it sometimes is overdone. For example if you aggressively try to strip the ball, you see guys fumbling like crazy. So when they talk about how the "clutch skill" will give your team an onfield boost, I find that gimmicky. That's what I meant by that. But I respect your opinion.

Nothing they said is going to change my opinion nor was I looking for someone to change my opinion. I just wanted to know from someone who was genuinely excited by this feature, why and what made them so excited. It was more about just understanding the opposite perspective, not debating or looking for a sway in opinion.

fair enough and thanks for explaining

This has actually been very unclear, but the player Hot Streak has been in the game for a while. On XBox, press the right stick down to see how hot your players are. Grey is neutral, shades of blue mean they're doing bad (The darker the shade the worse they are) and orange and red mean the player is 'on fire.' They get these levels by doing well or struggling, and then cause your player to continue to play like that. So if a QB throws 2 picks in a row, he will be blue and his ratings take a hit. You either want to pull him or dosimeter safe, conservative passes to boost his confidence. If you try tricky passes with the QB, his accuracy will likely be off.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!