View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #859
killingyouguy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I like the new sliders. It's a challenge and the games are often close. You blowout who you should, etc. But it often feels unnaturally close. This, I think, has more to do with the roster than your sliders. For example, Rose doesn't play like Rose. Or Kobe like Kobe. Or Westbrook like Westbrook. I think this is due to changes made in the roster. For example, Rose has 90+ in Simple Drive and mostly 1's and 0's in the rest of his dribble tendencies. So this means he drives directly into the D (and often gets stripped, rarely gets to the rim). His shot variety is also low and so he just pops a shot off with a guy right in his face.

That was something I liked about the TakeThat2k roster was that the stars played in their own styles. They felt like them. The collab one doesn't. It's like they all become generic PG's, SG's, etc. that look like individual NBA players.

What I did was go back and get the tendencies from TakeThat2k's roster and adjust the Collab tendencies (for players who didn't feel like themselves) somewhere in between the two rosters. And this worked. And it didn't seem to effect the closeness of matches. I played a game against the Pacers and their D and rebounding was incredible. But Kobe was going off (just like Kobe) and Rose kept getting to the rim and it was enough to get a 4 point win.

Andrew Bynum was another player who felt off. Noah got 20+ pts and 20+ rebounds on him and Bynum only had like 8 (mostly from the FT line). I'll have to adjust him. I adjusted Westbrook but haven't played him again.

Oh, another thing I noticed was great post players get instantly double-teamed in the paint. For example, Boozer is instantly double-teamed and is only averaging 12 pts and has often scored only a couple baskets a game. As soon as he's double-teamed he passes it. It could be that Jimmy Butler is my SG and the D just don't respect his shooting so feel free to leave him. But they've also done it sometimes with Hinrich at the 2. Hmm.

Also, collisions moving around the court (to set a screen or just take position to start a play) are a constant with these sliders and a pain in the ***. It's also makes it almost impossible to cut as the D never falls for it. I've also never been able to, as someone like Butler or Hinrich, take a C/PF off the dribble. Their D is always superb and make me pull up my dribble. I think, when you first posted your collab sliders, movement was a bit freer and you felt like if you did the right thing, or had a miss match, you could profit. Now it feels like picks & fastbreaks.

The stealing and contest shots are great now, tho. They feel just right. Except layups. Rose rarely gets 'and ones' anymore. And if you're not the best at layups, forget about it. Maybe that needs a tweak?