View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #43
blackceasar
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Floyd Mayweather v. Canelo Alvarez 9/14/2013 MGM Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Trout lost, he wasn't strong enough. Floyd isn't as strong as Trout.

Floyd will be in a fight.

I hope Canelo isn't rehydrating with Coronas.
Floyd will be in a fight for about the first four rounds. After that two things will happen. Canelo will start to tire, and Floyd will do what he normally does after about round 3, have his opponent completely figured out. By round 6 and 7 Floyd will be tagging him with counterpunches.. by round 10 Canelo will either cash it in (literally and figuratively) or go for broke. Honestly it would be refreshing to see a fighter in the last three rounds that's loosing on the cards to go for broke on Floyd. Mosley didnt, Robert "the ghost"(because he dissapeared after round 8) and many others at that point just figured they will just survive, take the loss and cash the check.

The only fighter honestly in Floyd's last 4-5 fights I have respect for is Cotto. Cotto actually gave him a little trouble, kept coming at Floyd and made him work. I think thats one of the reasons why Floyd has a lot of respect for Cotto outside of the ring because Cotto was trying to win his fight all 12 rounds and I think Floyd, knowing he was going to win anyways is thankful for Cotto's performance because it makes Floyd look good too (in the win).

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the two of them fight one more time before Floyd's contract with Showtime is up since I don't think the Pac fight is ever going to happen.

But back on subject. Floyd wins this fight by descision. Canelo maybe gets a couple of hard shots in, wows the crowd.. but it will be interesting to see what kind of fighter Alvarez is in the later rounds.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.