View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
infemous
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Animating/Representing No Huddle/Hurry Up Offense In Real Time

You're so right man.

Sometimes whats remarkable is I can get tackled at the 1 with 11 secs remaining, call a fg and kick it with 1 sec left. that is incredible. i should struggle to get a spike to make time for a fg but no way should i be able to get a fg kicking unit on field, aligned and get all the other guys off the field within 10 seconds. its just impossible

That sort of stuff would be stopped with your approach and would further maintain the idea of making a simulation football game.

Madden straddles that commercial, arcade game with simulation too loosely and it'd be better if they committed to one idea and stop stringing both fanbases along with false hopes.

This approach to tempo and no-huddle systems should definitely be their 'gloss' strategy feature next year, while tech 'gloss' feature would be real weight+mass+velocity+everything physics implementation.

Other gameplay 'gloss' would be 150 new WR + CB animations and outcomes alongside 8 more ball trajectories and new ball physics.

Feature mode 'gloss' would be morale and interviews with draft cut scenes in CFM.

Then in years after we could things like real wear and tear injury system and body targeting etc.

Sorry to descend into wishlists but I was just getting excited if ideas such as yours with the no huddle would start making it into the game.