View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #77
tril
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: IGN Review is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkellis
I have played football games since '96 and played all through undergrad and grad too... Tons of free time myself. In retrospect, I think there is optimal time to play each week (difficult to quantify and different for each person). Finding the right balance takes care of issues of boredom/redundancy and keeps things fresh. I think there is a correlation between the more you master a game (finding glitches, discovering issues, etc), the less likely it is to entertain you going forward.

Also, comparing football vs. baseball isn't measuring apples to apples. The battery sequence (pitcher, catcher, hitter) is an easier AI platform to control/deliver than 22 guys on a football field during any given play. Also, are you going to tell me that pitching first game of the season against the Yankees in NYC is any different than pitching a game against the Astros in game #125 on MLB the Show ? Probably not, they feel the same and NO video games can really replicate that type of experience/atmosphere... MLB might be marginally better (barely) at it, if anything ...
have to disagree with this.
I find that the more Ive mastered the SHOW and NBA 2k series. the more Ive enjoyed it.
These games provides so many options, that its hard to get bored.

In regards to NCAA football. Playing the demo-I thought it was ehhh. Until someone pointed out to me that I should take a look at all the features under the tutorial, and do the drills. Once I did this. The depth in the things that you can do, just opened up the game for me.
I may just go out buy NCAA on Tuesday. The only thing that kills this game for me is the commentary and Atmosphere. I think that is major issue as to why people may dislike this game. IMO, that's what makes the game flat.