View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
jmik58
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Need help picking a team in NCAA 14? Here's a guide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
There needs to be a correction with UF's offense. They don't run a spread anymore. They're a pro style offense with a heavy run emphasis. Brent Pease, who came from Boise St, has multiple sets, one back, I-form, pistol, etc, but the Spread offense isn't one of them. I've also been playing the early release and of what I've seen so far they have the best playbook IMO. I'm a USC guy but I really like the diversity that their playbook has and if anyone's looking for a good playbook to use in custom playbook, I'd highly recommend theirs.
Did some more digging and updated to Multiple. According to comments made by Driskel to SI, they actually want to pass more this year so their heavy running from 2012 isn't something they necessarily want to adopt as an identity.

Also keep in mind that "Spread" offense doesn't mean pass, it's just a generic term for the primary personnel group, but I agree that "Multiple" is a better fit. There are even "Spread Pro" sets that some teams run (Oklahoma). But even on defense it sounds like Florida could bounce between a 3-4 and 4-3 -- the main point is that no one really knows. Muschamp is pretty deceptive about what the team's alignments are going to be so we'll all learn once the season starts up.

Last edited by jmik58; 07-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove