View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Oraeon1224
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2014

Placeholder for testing results

Finished testing threshold slider which is the same as last year. Decent HB 40 time is 4.6seconds and default MLB is 5.1 seconds, at threshold 100 MLB 4.9 sec and at 0 was 5.6 sec, HB stayed 4.6 at 0 and changed to 5.0 at 100. This shows that it levels playing when raised by slowing faster players and when lowered it slows slower players further--it makes a MLB into a lineman at 0.. Gap is about right by NFL combine data. ideal gap 0.3-0.4 so I am bumping to 53-56range and narrowed MLB speed to 5.0. I wouldn't change by more than 10 from default. With regards to pass coverage not much difference at 0. However at 100 LB smothered tight ends (not realistic).

Pass blocking:
At default 5 sec rush 4 vs 4 DE about 3/4 of sacks. At 100 had 10 seconds and DE 50% of sacks. At 0 slider had 3-4 seconds with DT having majority of sacks. Against 4 man rush I like default.

QB accuracy:
Pretty useless for player and AI. Deep routes unaffected overall some missed short routes at 20 or less without having much impact on the deep ball. mainly seems to nerf arm strength and not accuracy. Overall a big disappointment setting at 15 player and 20 CPU.

Pass coverage:
I reviewed every route combo at 0 and 100 against man and zone. I can't tell that this slider is doing square other than possibly knocking players off routes better. Can try 100 but may not be better than default. After revisiting I noted the slider appears to have no effect on actual coverage but does seem to result in better reaction times to the ball in flight with slight bump in deflections and less YAC.

RB Ability: effects HB speed somewhat but did not effect fumbles or tackles. Biggest difference seems to be in CPU ability to pick the right hole. This may be controlling ball carrier vision. Useful for CPU but didn't matter much to my play between 0 and 100 though things were more sluggish. At 0 the AI would sometimes just sit in a hole confused.

Run blocking:
Since last year big change. Doesn't effect pancakes just time stuck blocked. Even then I didn't notice a big difference between 0 and 100. Powerful last year but minimal this year.

Rush defense:
Critical this year as it controls AI brains. At 0 on a counter play AI massively overplays. Same for option. Coolest of all is the slider name is misleading. Against the play action is its biggest effect. Nearly 100% int or deflections when maxed but a huge gain or touchdown if set to 0 nearly every play. Very cool now we can adjust success of draws, counters, options, play action and other trick plays with this slider.

Kickoff in practice seems fine
Punt seems fine
Field goal power fine
Field goal accuracy 30-35 result in some misses at 45 yards for CPU. 35 a bit too accurate and 30 too poor. Pick your poison. Human FG accuracy doesn't matter.

Difficulty sets: As in prior iterations the game doesn't actually improve AI at Heisman. What it does is provide a STAT boost to the CPU and a penalty to the Human (you can test this by speed testing running backs with human). Varsity applies a penalty to the CPU and a boost to the human. As in prior years after 2 test games on default All American is about right for the CPU offense (too many slider corrections to get QB accuracy right at Heisman) ,but offense is too easy for human. This year we have split sliders so I am recommending All american for CPU offense with possible boost to CPU run game to compensate in the future and Heisman for CPU defense.

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 07-13-2013 at 10:33 AM.