View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
simgamer0005
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Still no chain gang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
I remember how in NCAA 2004 you could actually see the official throw the flag when a penalty occurred
Oh yeah, definitely. I zoom in and wach the refs throw the flag all the time. sometimes i watch to see which referee is calling the penalty and looking at the ref's eyes to see where he is looking at and when he threw the flag. on last-gen, it's not just like a flag is called. on last-gen, the individual referees themselves make the call depending on where they are standing and what they are looking for. each referee is like a real person. also on last-gen, on certain plays the referees can get in the way of your running, or even act as a blocker. The refs on last-gen are actually part of the game. you can even see them picking up the loose ball and spotting the ball and starting the 25 second clock. it's truly a thing of beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
Clearly, for whatever reason, EA simply missed the mark this gen. While there are more glaring issues in this game than the omission of the chain gang and first down markers, it DOES highlight how this series is missing many of the little things that once made it special.
Oh yeah, you know what's up. the little things are everything in a college football video game. PS2 era hands down has the best college football games. unlimited re-playability.