View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
BellSKA
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of Big Returns

I first started playing with Ultimate Team and used B. Sanders to run back kicks. I ran back 3 in as many games and thought it was strange. I then stated playing my dynasty more and figured out what the problem is.

I've always been a really good 'coffin corner' kicker. That leaves more time for the returner to run up the side line and less time for your defense to get into position. For some reason, your outside 2 defenders on the kickoff cannot break those blocks and the returner will break a huge run. I've seen it as the returner and as the defending team. I've even tried choosing coverage to the side I'm kicking to and same results.

I suggest choosing kickoff middle and kicking to either the right or left hash, which ever you can kick to with consistency. Holding the returning team inside the 30 is a victory.

As the returning team, go to the sideline you're kicked to. Stay on the hash and don't use sprint until 5-7 yards before the wall. Crack your right analog to the sideline you're running to and take off down that sideline after you break past the wall. You'll start hearing Herbie say the kicker saved a big gain a lot more.