View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #13
Timeetyo
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Should NCAA copy what Madden did w/ players rated by scheme, and player developem

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Overalls are entirely pointless, so the first addition is really unneccesary.
This is completely NOT true to someone who loves their dynasty. Although I agree that OVR is severely misleading due to how this is calculcated and has little value to a USER who is paying attention it has a HUGE impact into how the CPU recruits and sets it's depth chart. If we had a better way of calculating the OVR based on scheme this could potentially make a big impact for the CPU and also would help the more casual users as well. My current QB situation is a perfect example of this. I am running a triple option team with 80% runs and I have the following QBs: A - 88 Spd, 93 Acc, 81 THP, 84 THA rated 85 OVR. B - 78 Spd, 82 Acc, 91 THP, 93 THA, rated 86 OVR. Of course when the CPU set my depth chart it put the pocket passer as #1 and the scrambler as #2. In reality, for the system I am running I would have the scrambler as ~90 OVR for my system and the pocket passer as ~75 OVR for my system. Now this isn't an issue for ME as I caught this easily and fixed it (actually dropped the pocket passer off my chart completely) but if this was a CPU run option team they would be starting the wrong QB and doing worse because of it.

Now this is easier to come to terms with at the QB but it does get messier for other schemes as there is such variety. What I would actually like is if they did the OVR calculation sort of how they set the draft priority (by position 3 choices). This could allow you to do things like set for your team individually each of the following (all would have balanced as well):
- QB scrambler vs pocket
- HB speed vs power
- FB blocking vs recieving
- TE blocking vs recieving
- WR speed vs possession

This could let you setup your priorities and have the game use the OVR rating to HELP you find the best players for what you say your system wants. Then use pre-set templates for the CPU and it would be significantly better across the board.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html