Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #44
BleedGreen710
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Too Easy to Get Top Recruits w/ Small Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
Also i see people mentioning the unrecruited 4 star players. From my experience there is a reason they are unrecruited. Their overall and skill position ratings usually go down when u scout so in essence they're a three star masking themselves as a 4 star or better. The CPU knows this to a degree and will recruit what they percieve as better players first then come after the leftovers later on.
Unfortunately that's just not completely accurate. Maybe most of the unrecruited are busts, but there are still plenty that aren't. In my Wyoming dynasty year 1, during the middle of the season I checked for some prospects with low lock % to try and find some good players that weren't being recruited much by other schools. I found a 73+7 HB, an 82-1 FS, 72+6 ATH, and a 74+3 ATH, also a 75+5 OLB. I put 500 points on them and within a few weeks had 1000+ leads on each. I managed to land all of them on signing day except for the OLB. While it was certainly fun and exciting for me, I cant help but see that that's not realistic. An 81 FS just sitting there not being recruited? But yea as you can see, the unrecruited 4 star players are not always busts. That 73+7 HB will be my star player for 4 years probably. I try to make up in my head reasons for the recruits being unrecruited like.. maybe the the other coaches poorly scouted him and only my coach saw his true potential, or something like that. But its kind of a shame I have to make up things like that so that recruiting makes sense.